Back by popular demand, the Miami Design District Performance Series (previously known as the Palm Court Performance Series) is coming back to Palm Court this October! With its sunset performances of musicians from all walks of the music world, this free weekly event is quickly becoming one of Miami’s most celebrated cultural evenings. Add that to the fact that it’s produced by 19-time Grammy Award-winning producer Emilio Estefan in collaboration with Miami Symphony Orchestra maestro Eduardo Marturet… and well, these are some concerts you won’t want to miss.
Following an unbelievable first year, this series will feature everything from opera, orchestra, jazz and indie, to hip-hop, a holiday concert and even classically-trained musicians from the University of Miami Frost School of Music.
The series is sponsored by the Miami Design District, Knight Foundation and Estefan Kitchen, and each scheduled performance is handpicked by Estefan himself. Taking place every Friday night, start with 5 p.m. happy hour at Estefan Kitchen—the haute Cuban restaurant in Palm Court by Estefan and his superstar wife, the one-and-only Gloria Estefan—and finish with a night of music like you’ve never seen before #atMDD.
Curious about this season’s musical lineup? Mark your calendars and come out for the talent below:
- October 13th: Italian Superstar Tenors Il Volo, featuring Students from the Frost School of Music
- October 20th: Miami Symphony Orchestra (MISO) featuring Crossover Tenor Fernando Varela and from Broadway’s “On Your Feet!” Ana Villafañe.
- October 27th: Latin Grammy Nominee Raquel Sofia
- November 3rd: 10x Grammy Award-Winning Artist Arturo Sandoval featuring the Frost School of Music Studio Jazz Band
- November 10th: The Wailers featuring Special Guest Emily Estefan
- November 17th: Miami Symphony Orchestra (MISO) featuring Direct from America’s Got Talent, Angelina Green, and Singer Lola Ponce
- November 24th: Celia Cruz All-Stars featuring Artist Carlos Oliva
- December 1st: DJ Spam All-Stars
- December 8th: Art Basel Special Performance
- December 15th: Miami Symphony Orchestra (MISO)
- December 22nd: Holiday Concert featuring Shelly Berg and from The Frost School of Music's Henry Mancini Institute
New this season, Estefan Kitchen will offer VIP table and bottle service, with a special curated menu by Chef Odell Torres, during every performance. Reservations can be made by calling (786) 843-3880 or visiting www.estefankitchen.com. Those who don’t want table service can take advantage of Estefan Kitchen’s happy hour specials, which begin at 5 p.m. on Fridays. Each concert will begin at 6 p.m. right in Palm Court, which is located at 140 NE 39th Street.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ?
Subscribe to our blog below and be the first to read about the latest happenings, trends and more from the Miami Design District.