Founded in Florence in 1860 as a workshop, shop and school of watch-making, for many decades Officine Panerai supplied the Italian Navy in general, and its specialist diving corps in particular, with precision instruments. The designs developed by Panerai at that time, including the Luminor and Radiomir, were classified by the Military Secrets Act for many years and were launched on the international market only after the brand was acquired by the Richemont Group in 1997. Officine Panerai develops and crafts its movements and watches at its Neuchâtel manufacture, seamlessly melding Italian design and history with Swiss horological expertise.
Today, Officine Panerai is pleased to open the first flagship of the America’s in Miami Design District, designed by world-renowned architect Patricia Urquiola. The boutique extends over an area of 2,200 square feet on two floors with two entrances, making this the largest Panerai point of sale in the United States to date. Studio Urquiola is responsible for the design of the newly opened Panerai boutiques in Florence, Paris, Hong Kong, New York, Taipei, Seoul and Beijing. Officine Panerai now has 65 boutiques worldwide, 11 of which are in the United States.